Highly influential people generally have the following characteristics:
- Character – they lead by example
- Expertise – they know their stuff and are great at what they do
- Connector – they value relationships and are great networkers who love serving as a resource and referring others
- Collaborator – they know how to negotiate and compromise to get things done
- Stakeholder agility – they know who their key allies, customers and adversaries are and work those relationships accordingly
- Communicator – they adjust their style to their audience; they show empathy and are great listeners
- Cause – they are clear on their vision and mission and can enlist others to care about them as well.